Ultim8dwl
Please Register or Login
Ultim8dwl
Please Register or Login
Ultim8dwl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
prince
Dabangg I_vote_lcapDabangg I_voting_barDabangg I_vote_rcap 
Nish
Netlord
Sagar
shrutika
GodMakers
Apurva
Aparna
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Alia Bhatt
Dabangg EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 pm by Sagar

» Hritik Roshan
Dabangg EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:00 pm by prince

» Selena GomeZ
Dabangg EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:55 pm by prince

» Priyanka Chopra
Dabangg EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:21 am by prince

» Neetu Chandra
Dabangg EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:19 am by prince

Online from Where ?
Recent Visitors
Poll
Is there a need of Photo Competition on Ultim8dwl ????
Yes
Dabangg I_vote_lcap100%Dabangg I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 6 ]
No
Dabangg I_vote_lcap0%Dabangg I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
IDK
Dabangg I_vote_lcap0%Dabangg I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Dabangg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
prince
prince

Dabangg Empty
PostSubject: Dabangg   Dabangg EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Movie Review: Dabangg; Cast: Salman Khan, Introducing Sonakshi Sinha, Sonu Sood, Arbaaz Khan, Mahesh Manjrekar, Dimple Kapadia, Vinod Khanna; Directed by: Abhinav Kashyap; Rating: ***1/2

Dabangg 1436078_410

This then is “Dabangg”. A world swarming with uni-dimensional characters who seem to know exactly which way the fists fly. We certainly don’t. The comic book hero Chulbul Pandey, played with lip smacking pleasure by Salman Khan, shows up in every dingy warehouse in this mofussil town to settle scores, man to man.

“Dabangg” is the kind of oldfashioned family drama combined with a vendetta saga that we thought had gone out of fashion in the 1980s. Chulbul Pandey could have been played by Amitabh Bachchan 30 years ago. Yes, that killing comic dimension that Salman brings into his characters has its roots in the Big B’s action-comedy films.

And Dimple Kapadia, wheezing, coughing, groaning and ranting her way through the mother’s role (what got into Dimple???) hams her way through this action drama where being opulently outrageous comes naturally to everyone.

But all said and damned, there is something to be said about Salman’s Chulbul Pandey’s ability to be cartoonish, caricatural and larger than life and yet warm and very real in his tongue-in-cheek bravura.

Some of the less over-punctuated moments in this film of ceaseless bone-crunching sound-effects occur each time Chulbul woos his bulbul Rajjo (debutant Sonakshi Sinha). Each time she passes by Salman becomes putty in her hands. The debutante has eyes that plead for peace. But who’s listening? The raucous riotous soundtrack is slave only to the rhythm of blood gore and screams of innumerable goons crashing through wooden supports that have seen better days.

The action sequences are the backbone of this bone-breaking actioner. The stunts are done in an enticing mix of masti and mayhem. The crusted dusty-brown unwashed ambience is created with care. But the plot is almost completely free of delicate moments.

“Dabangg” is Ram Gopal Varma’s “Shool” on steroids. In “Shool” Manoj Bajpai was the honest cop on a cleansing spree in a Bihari backwater town. In “Dabangg” Salman takes on the mofussil mafia with much more humour than Bajpai could muster.

It is the need of the hour. We have to laugh away the corruption and violence all around us. Salman does a splendid job of it. It’s hard to tell where debutant director Abhinav Kashyap’s abilities end and the action director Vijayan Master begin. That seamless quality goes well with this unpunctuated tribute to the spirit of free-for-all one-upmanship.

An ear-catching music score by Sajid-Wajid does diminish the level of violence in the presentation. Sonakshi Sinha uses her eyes beautifully. And the song “Tere mast mast do nayan” describes her eloquent expressions well.

But this is a Salman Khan vehicle all the way. He gets to be funny, wicked and belligerent… sometimes all at once. Sonu Sood as the main antagonist brings an in-your-face menace to his villainy.

He is in character. Though Salman slips out of character quite often.

And quite happily.

Last edited by prince on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.hackerspark.tk
Nish
Nish

Dabangg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dabangg   Dabangg EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 pm

kamal karte ho prince ji Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
prince
prince

Dabangg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dabangg   Dabangg EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Hum tumme itne ched karenge, ki confuse ho jaoge ki saas kahan se le, aur paade kahan se....
Razz
Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hackerspark.tk
Sponsored content

Dabangg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dabangg   Dabangg Empty

Back to top Go down

Dabangg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultim8dwl ::  Reviews ::  Bollywood Movies-